Mossberg announced their latest shotgun today, the 940 JM Pro. The 940 JM Pro is a successor to the 930 JM Pro, one of the most popular shotguns in 3 Gun and USPSA Multi Gun competition. Built from the ground up for competition, the Mossberg 940 JM Pro is the brainchild of legendary shooters Jerry and Lena Miculek.
Massive changes have been made to the loading port, allowing for rapid quad-loading. These include widening and beveling of the port itself, along with an elongated non-pinching lifter. The gas system has been redesigned for improved reliability. Mossberg claims the 940 JM Pro can handle up to 1,500 rounds between cleanings, while still cycling most ammunition. The charging handle and bolt release are enlarged with non-slip texturing to ensure a solid purchase.
Two versions of the Mossberg 940 JM Pro are currently in production. Both feature a 24" vent rib barrel and 9+1 round capacity. Shooters have the choice of Tungsten grey with gold accents, or straight black with multicam black furniture.
MSRP on the Mossberg 940 JM Pro is $1,015.00. Check out the product page HERE
Mossberg's press release on the 940 JM Pro
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, announced today the introduction of a new 12-gauge autoloading shotgun platform; the 940™ JM Pro, available in two 10-shot models. The result of two years of development alongside world champion shooters, Jerry and Lena Miculek, the 940™ JM Pro is designed to meet the needs of today’s competition shooter with the incorporation of an array of aftermarket modifications and accessories direct from the factory.
Using the iconic 930™ JM Pro-Series Competition Shotgun as a baseline, the Miculeks worked with Mossberg engineers to identify and help re-design major areas of improvement that included the gas system; loading port; point-of-aim/point-of-impact; overall product fit and functionality; sight system; and choke system.
All the newly designed components led the way for the introduction of a new autoloading platform from Mossberg, the 940™. Major attributes of the 940 autoloading shotgun include:
- Gas System: The new gas system on the 940 will run up to 1,500 rounds before cleaning and will reliably cycle any type of quality factory-made 2 3⁄4 or 3-inch ammunition. A stepped and vented-spacer component has also been incorporated that keeps the gas system running fast by shedding any moisture or carbon build-up every time it cycles.
- Loading Port: The 940’s loading port has been designed to allow the user to efficiently quad-load the magazine tube straight out of the box without any need of modification to the receiver. The elevator and shell catch have also been designed to eliminate common pinch-points.
- Point-of-Aim / Point-of-Impact: Mossberg engineers worked to design a new barrel-making process for the 940 that ensures the consistent production of a platform that will allow a user to maintain an accurate point-of-aim/point-of-impact when utilizing quality factory-made ammunition.
- Fit and Functionality: The 940 sports a slim profile and ergonomic forend and stock, both feature Mossberg’s signature texturing that offers a positive, yet comfortable grip. The stock is completely user- configurable, offering out-of-the box adjustability for length-of-pull (13 – 14.25 inches), drop, and cast. The receiver is anodized for durability and the controls (charging handle and bolt release button) are oversized. Internal components are nickel boron-coated for smooth, reliable functionality.
- Sight System: The 940 JM Pro utilizes a fiber optic HIVIZ® TriComp sight system that offers nine user- interchangeable LitePipes, in three colors and three shapes of varied height, for superior sighting in any competitive environment.
- Choke System: Equipped with Mossberg’s Accu-Choke™ system, the 940 JM Pro ships with a set of Briley® extended chokes (Cylinder, Improved Cylinder and Modified) that come engraved with constriction for easy selection.
Two models of the 940™ JM Pro are being initially offered; both featuring 24-inch barrel lengths; 10-round total capacity; and matte blue-finish on the barrels. Options include choice of black synthetic stock and forend (SKU #85111) with tungsten gray-anodized receiver. Gold-anodized bolt handle; bolt release button; magazine extension nut; safety button; trigger; and cocking indicator which easily identify your 940 in a rack of similarly- equipped competition guns.
With the second option, the stock and forend are camouflaged with the proven Black MultiCam® pattern (SKU #85113). The receiver and controls wear a black anodized-finish. MSRP: $1015
As the industry’s leading shotgun manufacturer, look to Mossberg for a product to meet your needs at a match, in the field or at home. For more information about the new Mossberg 940™ JM Pro, or other Mossberg products, visit www.mossberg.com.
HIVIZ® is a registered trademark of HIVIZ LLC. Briley® is a trademark of Briley Manufacturing Co. MultiCam Black is a trademark of Lineweight LLC.